See the latest map of participating artist areas around the world and in your town here!
Game of Shrooms is a once a year world-wide art N seek event created by Attaboy. Artists from all over the world create original works and hide the mushroom themed works in public spaces, give hints on Instagram, or not) for others to find AND KEEP! Finders and artists are encouraged to post their info, previews findings using the hastag #gameofshrooms
Last year thousands across the world participated in their local areas.The event has been rescheduled to Aug15th because of the Corona Virus and please abide by local restrictions this year, especially.
Game of Shrooms is like an Easter Egg Hunt for art and celebrates the spirit of unexpected surprises. In 2019, artists and gatherers from Hong Kong, Berlin, Japan, the UK, India, Russia, Switzerland, the US, and many more participated in the world-wide event, creating a world-wide non-religious, no cost, personally interactive “art show” of making and sharing, suspense and sometimes absolute freakin’ wonder.
Please Leave No Trace. Meaning: do not plant in parks, on trails or in protected areas, and collect any art that was not found. On August 15th, 2020, nature (mushrooms) invades human space, not the other way around
Can anyone participate?
Yes, And of all ages and abilities. So long as you are not a jerk. And ANYONE can hunt for mushrooms, too.
Does it have to be a mushroom themed piece of art?:
That’s the idea. mushrooms are varied though and art critics have not been invited to weigh in on the subject.
Can I stick stickers all over the place? No, The idea is that other people can find , collect and keep your art. Stickers are fun, but We don’t encourage harming property. Se the above How to for tips!
What if no one finds my art? They probably will! Especially if given clues. But it’s your responsibility to go back and grab the hidden art if they don’t. Leave no trace, be a mushroom ninja. We encourage that you leave clues and tips to friends/fans before the event! And hide near landmarks. Don’t make it too hard to find. Or too easy! some of the best hiding spots are in plain site!
Can I hide my artisinal product, coupon, etc? nah. That’s not what this is about. Take a day off from that instead and pause the hustle and create a one of a kind piece of art and give it away. I promise you will have more fun that way. K?
How To Tips for new planters/artists:
How To For Artists:
1. Make painting or sculpture or other art. If you are doing little paintings, I find it is best to add little popsicle sticks to bottom of them in the back so that the art doesn’t get dirty if placed near the ground. Just a suggestion,
2. Post preview teasers if you like. On June 13th give me a shout and I’ll add you to the global map! Be sure to mention the city you in too. #tag it unless of course want to be a mysterious farmer.
3. Put your IG tag on the back and #shroomdrop #gameofshrooms if you can.
4. Plant or place art. Don’t hurt nature or property. Avoid protected parks and trails! If it rains, you can hide inside friendly Indy stores as well. If you ask, they’ll even help you often.
5. After you plant, take a few photo clues to post. I suggest a close up, then a wide shot, with a landmark of some kind visible (old church, sign post, etc) location tag helps if you are in a suburban area.
Don’t hurt nature or property. #leavenotrace
6. Oh and be sure to hide it/them on August 15th! Remember if they find it, they keep it!